The yellow bike

The yellow bike

One day I was on a walk with my mum, we saw a yellow bike leaning on a pole. It looked like it was spray panted yellow because the weeles are black ? The bike was zip -tied to the pole and no one was near? So we looked for a number or a clue but there was none. My mum took a photo and printed out posters to put up around the place we went to a bike shop and ask the man if he knew the bike. He said that the bike was from his shop but he had no yellow bikes.

2 thoughts on “The yellow bike”

1. Lydia,
    We like that your piece is realistic with the narrator and the mum on a walk. Your ending was making us wonder what would happen next. We like that we sometimes learn new ways people talk around the world by reading these challenges. Here, we usually say MOM where you say MUM. That is cool.
    Keep writing.
    Mrs. G., and class, Team 100, Guilderland, NY, USA

2. Hello Lydia,

It would be an unusual sight to see a yellow bike zip-tied to a pole.

You shared your detective work to find out more by describing how you and your mum searched for clues. With the local bike shop confirming it was one of his bikes, the mystery became who spray painted the bike leaving only the wheels black..

Keep writing and sharing.

Ross Mannell (Team 100WC)